Credit Card Checker
Enter card number to check it
Credit Card Validator overview
About Credit Card Validation Tool
The Free Online Credit Card Validator checks if the credit card is valid or invalid. Enter the credit card number. Click on the “Validate NOW” button to validate a credit card.
What is credit card validation?
The credit card number, also known as PAN (Primary Account Number), is the long number embossed in the front of your credit card. The number contains essential information, strategically organized and internationally standardized. That information includes the cardholder's name, security code, account number, issuing bank name, and expiration date.
Credit card validation is the process of validating the genuineness of a credit card. That process gains importance as monetary affairs become sensitive.
The credit card number is generated under specific protocols and rules. It gives a merchant a facility to validate the credit card number before accepting a customer's payment.
There is a wide range of algorithms created by several finance companies to validate a credit card. The practical use of these algorithms will allow you to validate whether the credit card is genuine or not.
The online credit card validator gives you the room to validate the credit card at any time, at any place, where you have internet access, in a split of seconds.
How can a credit card validator help in validating a credit card number?
The online credit card validator assists you in validating a credit card in real-time. You can get the following information from the credit card validator tool.
- BIN/IIN (Bank/Issuer Identification Number) check: The first six digits of the credit card number determine the institution that issued the credit card to the cardholder.
- Personal account number check: The online tool provides you an opportunity to verify your account number by entering your credit card number. You may have an idea that from digit seven to the final number minus the last one is your account number.
- Luhn Algorithm Check: The online tool uses the Luhn algorithm to validate the credit card number, also known
as the MOD 10 algorithm. It's a formula that scientist Hans Peter Luhn develops from IBM.
Suppose we have a credit card number 347609692102916, and we want to check if it's a valid credit card number or not.
- Take the last digit 6. That is our check digit.
- Take the rest of the sequence 34760969210291.
- Double every other digit starting from the right 3,8,7,12,0,18,6,18,2,2,0,4,9,2.
- Sum the digits of the products 12 = 1 + 2 = 3, same with 18 that gives you 9.
- Add all the digits together 3+8+7+3+0+9+6+9+2+2+0+4+9+2 = 64.
- Multiply the result by 9, 64 * 9 = 576.
- Take the last digit of the result 6. If this matches the check digit, then we have a valid sequence.
- Since our check digit 6 matches our result 6, we conclude that this sequence is a valid credit card number.
- Credit card prefix numbers check: Each credit card issuer has a varying credit card number length, usually 13, 14, 15, or 16 digits, and some even have 19 digits.
How to use a credit card validator to validate a credit card number?
The online credit card validator offered by Windows10Gadgets does not ask for any premium version or registration. You can use our online tool anywhere without paying a single penny as long as you have internet access. You do not need to download any software on your device to use it freely. Moreover, this online tool supports all platforms; you can easily use it from Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, etc.
To use a credit card validator, perform the following steps.
- Open the Credit Card Validator.
- Enter the “Credit Card Number” in the section provided for that purpose.
- Click on the “Validate NOW” button.
- The tool validates whether the credit card is genuine or not.
Our Credit Card Generator free tool is also available.